Can you guess what these overpriced gizmos are? And their price?
Ok, a hint. I shot the pic in this store in Innsbruck!
Beautiful sign. And a beautiful city. My favorite city in Austria! Beats Salzburg and Vienna
The answer: These are pencils with colored cut glass at the back end. Priced at 2.40 euros! Can you see me nibbling on one of these pencils? No! Swarovski has certainly mastered the art of charging high prices for pieces of glass. These are not even semi-precious stones.
The complete travelogue from Austria:
- Visiting Innsbruck
- More from Innsbruck
- New Year Greetings from Innsbruck, 2007
- Street Food: Seafood in Salzburg
- Live well today
- Stefansdom Vienna Austria
- Vienna: Those pastries tempt
- Good bread is good for you
- Celebrating Mozart