In the back lanes of Dadar (West), a few doors from the legendary Ideal Bookstore, is this amazing place for batatavada, samosa, juices and anything you can stuff in your mouth. Mouth-watering delicacies and super cheap prices. For $2 you can feed a whole family (Meera only sips juice).
This place is usually jam-packed, stand-and-eat only. I have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. Eating strategy: get only a “single” of their super-filling batatavada (deep fried spicy potato mash), and explore their other snacks. Skip the water, go for the freshly squeezed juices. Their chutneys are spicy, but the chinese fare runs bland. Carry hand wipes.
Shri Krishna Batatavada
Radha Nivas, Chabildas Road, Dadar (W),
Mumbai MH 400028
+91 22 2430 7416
Mumbai Street Foods:
- Asli Vada Pav
- Chanawallah: Quintessential Mumbai
- Bademiya: Colaba’s Culinary firmament
- Video: Making Ganna Ras (sugarcane juice)
- Butta: Roasted Maize/corn at Elephanta
- Limbu paani: Lemonade and Meera’s Right Foot