What was I doing:
10 years ago: In Pittsburgh! I was comfortable and coasting at work; life was good and I was getting fat.
5 years ago: In Boston, ready to change my career. Enrolled in an MBA, got a great business plan, … and then I hated the business school types. Yuck.
1 year ago: Still looking to change careers. Have a long list of things I have considered but don't want to do! Oooh! Was planning our india trip 🙂
Yesterday: was a busy day.
Got a manuscript ready for publication.
Ran 6 mi – was completely pooped. A slight ache in my right knee – this aging thing sucks.
Got a haircut,
… and made dinner.
Sliced round whole wheat sourdough bread; tomato pesto, sliced tomatoes, roasted garlic cloves, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers saved in olive oil; a few rings of red onion; fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste! And added a little bruschetta on M's sandwich! Yumm! Sorry no pics as I was super hungry.
Wondering what I want to do when I 'grow up'. Being a travel writer is my current “To Be” craze!
But in the words of Swami Chinmayananda from the Chinmaya Mission, “This too shall pass.” Maybe I will end up with my book store and coffee shop in Colaba! BTW, “this too shall pass” is a handy phrase to recollect. Equally pertinent whether you are riding the peaks of euphoria or wallowing in the dark recesses of despair!
5 snacks I
1. Eda-mame in the pod, and/or shelled (my new craze!)
2. Britannia cream biscuits (mango and pineapple flavors)
3. Baby carrots
5. Ginger orange granola (Trader Joe's)
5 artists that I know the lyrics of most of their songs:
1. Ooops, I don't know the lyrics of any song. Maybe a couple of lines of some. 😦
5 things I’d do with $100 million:
1. Move to the Ritz full service luxury Condominiums in Boston's downtown. (M would appreciate the maid service!)
2. Buy a flat in Colaba, Mumbai
3. Donate generously to schools and orphanages in konkan-land. Or better still – build and manage my own; then I will have something to do when I 'grow-up.' Or this 'growing-up' thing will have to be postponed indefinitely! :-))
4. Buy a Mamiya 645AFD with digital back and a slew of lenses.
5. Take M to a jewellery store and then to an indian dress store.
5 locations I’d like to
run fly away to:
1. Kumta, Karnataka
2. Interlaken, Switzerland
3. Ponda, Goa
5 bad habits and pet peeves I have:
2. When I want it done, I want it done, … like NOW!
3. Hate soft drinks guzzling, couch potatoes!
4. I am either “hot or cold”; nothing in between
5. Impatient with mediocrity
5 things I like doing:
3. Working Out
5. Being Outdoors
5 things I would never wear:
1. Never say never, particularly if you offer me $100 million!
5. Women's clothing! Though I have on occasion pinched M's plush, olive green with a burnt sienna windproof liner, polartec vest for a winter run!!!
5 TV shows I like:
1. ooops again! Don't watch TV
5 movies I
2. Cinema Paradiso
3. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
5. Love Actually
5 famous people I’d like to meet:
1. Swami Chinmayananda: Don't know if he is alive. I treasure his pocket phrase book titled, 31 pointers for a (something) life. It is the size of a matchbox!
2. Warren Buffet
3. Steve Jobs
4. Nicole Kidman
5. This 'Atman' that I have been reading about lately!
5 favorite toys:
1. Nikon camera gear
3. collection of fountain pens
4. book collection
5. anything made by apple
3 people I'd like to see complete this :
who so ever has not done it yet!
Leave a Reply