Tell me I'm hallucinating; Could Bihar be a role model for other states? (edited)
The BBC reports:
For many years, Bihar in northern India has earned notoriety for being one of the poorest and most lawless states in the country.
Nobel-prize winning author VS Naipaul once described it as the place where “civilisation ends”.
But all is not lost, perhaps. We discover five areas where Bihar might consider itself to be ahead of other Indian states. More here.
- %50% reservation for women in the local Municipallties
- Speedy Trials. Fastest was in 13 days after the incident!
- Recruiting retired soldiers for an auxillary force
- Turning around state enterprises
- Model for Property Tax Evaluation receives a UN award!
All coz of Laloo 😛