Continues the Heel Pain and Plantar Fasciitis Series.
For most of the day, our feet are bound within stiff shoes and many of the soft tissues within the feet are infrequently used. This is a simple yet very effective exercise to stretch the heel and underlying plantar fascia … and bring life to those toes!
If you have heel pain, perform this stretch as you wake up and place your feet on the floor. This can also be performed while sitting in the office chair or on the couch.
- Sit on a chair and place your ankle over the opposite knee.
- Grip toes and gently pull them back towards the knee, while holding the ankle to prevent it from moving.
- Feel the stretch in the sole of the foot all the way to the heel.
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds.
- Repeat three times for each foot.
See related articles:
Treating Heel Pain or Plantar Fasciitis
Heel and Achilles Tendon Stretch
This article and archives are available at achesandjoints.org