Salzburg is a very artistic city. Everything here is named after its favorite son, Mozart: statues, banners, chocolates, t-shirts, buses and every lamp post! A stone’s throw from his birth place, we did find this eatery with nothing named Mozart.
The seafood arrayed here was sufficient to make any fish lover (Konkani) giddy with joy. And trust the Austrians to present the fish, surgically clean. Before you start to curse me, we did not try any of this – see, we had just finished a beautiful Austrian breakfast and were in no mood for seafood. But delicious no? (see more pics below).
Of course, we did have delicious soft serve ice cream. On a hot day, it melted faster than I could keep up!
Before you venture further, some related Streetfoods:
- One of my favorites: Shanbhag Fastfood, Hospet, Karnataka
- Kebabs on the street: Bademiya: Colaba’s Culinary Firmament
- Kailash Parbat, Colaba: How to eat a Paani Puri
- Of course, you know Murugan’s Dosas
- How about some Butta – Roasted Corn
- And, don’t forget to get some Paan
We did stop by the house where Mozart was born. But did not pay exorbitant fees to wander in. Do you know how many ice creams you can get for 8 euros?
The Complete Travelogue from Austria:
- Visiting Innsbruck
- Innsbruck: Overpriced gizmos
- More from Innsbruck
- New Year Greetings from Innsbruck, 2007
- Live well today
- Stefansdom Vienna Austria
- Vienna: Those pastries tempt
- Good bread is good for you
- Celebrating Mozart