vakratunda mahaakaaya kotisurya samaprabhaa |
nirvighna kuru mae deva sarvakaaryeshu sarvadaa ||
With a curved trunk and generous form
Whose splendor matches ten million Suns
Remove obstacles Deva!
In all that I do!
Ganapati Bappa, Mowrya!
M & A
Ganesh Vandana – Tribute to Ganesh
The light of the Sun imbues our existence with life and summons our gratitude and reverence. Daylight breaking over the horizon is a very auspicious time for all Hindus, and heralds the start of a new day. A time for new beginnings, new hopes and possibilities. A pristinely beautiful time to thank the Supreme Being for our good fortune, to pray for the courage and fortitude to face old and new challenges; and to uncover our kinder and compassionate souls in dealing with his children.
What better way to start the day than by appealing to Ganesha, the elephant-headed God of Beginnings. Ganesha, the pot-bellied darling of children all over, is also identified as Vignesh, the Remover of Obstacles, and Vakratunda, One with the curved trunk.
Earlier Ganesh Chaturthi Posts:
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2009: The Day Before
- Ganapati at GSB Seva Mandal 2011
- Video: Best of Mumbai Ganapati Street Dancing
- Meera at Seva Mandal Ganapati: Worth her weight in bananas
- Ganapati Visarjan: Wadala and Lalbaug cha Raja
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2009
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2008
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2007
- Ganapati Bappa 2005
- Saraswati Lakshmi & Ganapati
Ganapati Flower Sellers:
- Flower Sellers at Matunga
- Dadar Flower Market during Ganapati – 2002
- Flowers Sellers at Dadar – 2009