Move your mouse out of the video frame to lose the black border.
Music: Mere Desh Ka Salaam, Shobha Gurtu.
Those who have ridden the Konkan Railway can attest, the rural countryside with emerald green fields is mesmerizing. I think of an early retirement in a village, a small house and running a school.
To share the genesis of this madness, I recorded the view. Here is a 67 second snippet, as the train crossed the Aghanashini River and approached the Kumta Train station. I recorded this from the doorway with my flip video, amidst the rain and rumbling of the train. Enjoy and tell me what you think.
Browse some of My posts on Kumta:
- Kumta: Jewel of the Konkan
- Kumta: Main Street
- Kumta: Field of Dreams
- Girls Making Papads in Kumta
- Shanbhag School in Kumta
- Academic Update from the Shanbhag School – 2009
- Konkan Railway: Welcome Aboard
- Young Couple on the Konkan Railway
- Weaving Jaaii flowers in Honavar.
- Making Ganna Ras in Colaba, Mumbai.
- Making Puran Polis – A South Indian delicacy.
- Making Rava Dosa and Masala Dosas
On the Konkan Railway
Few of my Other Videos: