Iggy’s Bread IS my favorite bakery in town. Their breads and bread rolls are hearty and made of simple ingredients with no chemicals or preservatives (see comparison at end). My daily staple is their Whole wheat sourdough round, which goes well with Nutella, or even Trader Joe’s crunchy salty peanut butter and fruit preserves. They also serve home made sandwiches and unique pizza creations, … and it is a beautiful store fronting their bakery.
Where do you get your favorite bread? (see Bakery in Vienna)
Compare ingredients in Iggy’s Bread and Pepperidge Farms Bread.
Ingredients: Iggy’s Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread
- Unbleached and unbromated wheat flour
- stone ground whole wheat flour
- filtered water
- natural whole wheat sourdough starter (whole wheat flour and filtered water)
- sea salt
Ingredients: Pepperidge Farms, 100% Whole Wheat Stone Ground
- Unbromated Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- Soybean Oil
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Wheat Gluten
- Calcium Propionate (to Retard Spoilage)
- Nonfat Milk (adds a Trivial Amount of Cholesterol)
- Lower Sodium Natural Sea Salt
- Butter (adds a Trivial Amount of Cholesterol)
How about some Chai with that bread?