Meera loves idli (steamed rice cakes) or PoLo (dosa). Any given day we have one of these ready at home. If we have idli, than the next day M would make roasted idli (or also called idli fry). Simple roasting on a pan, transforms the idli taste dramatically.
- We start with idli made the south india way, steamed in small steel bowls.
- Idlis are split with a bread knife and heated on a pan, with a few drops of oil (or tuup, clarified butter), or butter.
- Roast for 5-7 minutes till they are golden brown with crispy edges.
- Dab a few drops of oil on the idlis and turn over.
- Roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, with spicy chutney. Meera loves it with simple Ketchup.
- Finish with piping hot Kaapi
Meera insisted her favorite Thomas train collection also be in the pic. Do you know your Thomas trains? Check.
- Video: Making Rava Dosa
- Video: Making Mysore Masala Dosa
- Phova Dosa: Beaten Rice Crepes
- Dosa and Kaapi at Shanbhag Fast Food
- Surnoli: Watermelon Rice Pancakes