In the Kumta market, these women set up shop early in the morning before the crowds got there. Those vegetables look so delicious! It was March, so the variations of brinjals/eggplants were in season. You will also find konkani classics padwal, ghosalae, muLi (radish), tambdi bhaji (red leaves), vaaLi (green creeper leaves), muggae, karate, maskaa sang, jaam and others. If you notice others, let me know.
More from Kumta:
- Kumta: Jewel of the Konkan
- Kumta: Field of Dreams
- Kumta: Main Street
- Shanbhag School in Kumta
- Lunch at the Shanbhag School
- Scholarships for the Needy
- Kumta: School Kids
- Young Women Making Papads in Kumta
- Colaba Vegetable market
- Vegetable Stall at Jyotiba Phule Mandi (Crawford Market)
- Shopping for Mangoes at Jyotiba Phule Market
Loved your small articles on Kumta and the veggis etc. Thank you for the pics and efforts 🙂
Heh, thank you.