On every visit to Goa, in addition to visiting our kuladevata, Ramnathi Shanteri Kamakshi in Ponda, I visit a few other nearby temples as well. On this short visit to Goa, a kulavi of the Mahalasa Narayani Devasthan invited me to participate in the Palki on Sunday evening. I am so thankful for the invite and the visit to this beautiful temple. See also, Palki at the Ramnathi Devasthan.
This Sunday evening, the temple was packed with devotees and the Devi in her finery came out to tour the temple grounds. Beautiful experience. Devi Narayani getting ready in her palki.
Palki waiting for puja in front of the Shantadurga Devalaya
LaxmiNarayan and Shantadurga Devalaya on the grounds of the Narayani Devasthan.
A few of my Posts Related to Konkani Temples in Goa:
- Ramnathi Devasthan, A Konkani Temple
- Flower sellers at the Ramnathi Devasthan
- Mahalakshmi Devasthan, Goa
- Mangeshi Devasthan
- Sacred Places: Avalanche of Christian Aid in India
- Revisionism about the Portuguese Inquisition